Hi. I am 21 years old. I have problems with acne. I have blackheads all over my nose and my pores are plugged. My skin is oily. I heard about ProActiv solutin system and I would like to hear more about it. Any opinions on ProActiv?

Hi. I have tried Proactiv solution system and I was amazed. Proactiv gently exfoliate dead skin cells. It attack bacteria and heal blemishes in no time. I use “the 3 R” - Renewing cleanser, Revitalizing toner and Repairing lotion. Toner contains no alcohol. It unplugs my pores and removes excess oil. I use lotion to heal blackheads and prevent future breakouts. I have tried many products, but now I use only Proactiv.

As an aesthetician with 12 years experience, I don't like Proactive. I find it is very weak, and does not work for excessive or cystic acne. But because most people stick with it for the six week period, the skin has a chance to adjust. Alot of my clients panic over their acne, thinking one or two blemishes is a cause for alarm. And alot of them will over do washing and active treatment to get rid of it. If you switch products too much your skin will overreact. So anytime someone sticks to a good, gentle basic skin care regime, it usually works. Check out my last post on acne for more info on taking care of the skin and basic product regimes.
Sandra