I started using benzyl peroxide few months ago and I have to stop using because it made me break out. It is very strong, and it dried my face skin completely. I used it for pimples and I thought because I have oily skin it will be ok. I am not sure what to do?

I used Benzac gel, which is based on benzyl peroxide and it cleared my face. I can say that I am satisfied with results. But you are right, it dries the skin. I used 10% gel first and then 5%. I don’t know 5% is good but it is not effective as 10% gel. I bought now Akneroxid 5% it is also based on Benzyl peroxide…but I noticed that my skin become little bit itchy.

I had been using Benzac too and also found that it was pretty harsh and dried out my skin. I looked into some more natural solutions and found this natural acne gel. It's even certifed organic to a food level. At first I didn't think much of it cause I was rubbing it in all over. Now that I'm just dabbing it on the pimples and letting it soak in, its actually working really well :-D

I used Benzyl Peroxide twice and had severe allergic reactions to it. I was hospitalised and my face got so swollen that I couldnt see. Whereas I understand that Benzyl Peroxide works well in most cases, I was disapointed at the lack of information regarding possible adverse reactions.

Iám using benzac gel & I noticed that my face is itching,, then my classmates told me this "bakit namumula yang muka mo?"
I want to discontinue using it but this gel is the only med. that works.