anyone can help me im feel so ugly .. Im only 17 and i start using pro active yesterday 03-21-11 in the evening (8:00pm) its my first time .. then i wake up like i thought this is the product that can cure my acne bec.i think that its working so i just continue using it ..but sad to say when i wake up in the next morning 03-22-11 (7:00am) my face was really swollen ..so i just stop using it instead of dove soap and put may olay moisturizer ..and now still swollen but the worst part in the left face and i feel like some part are itchy .. plsss help me ..

I'm afraid you definitely will have to stay away from Proactiv - its main ingredient, benzoyl peroxide, that is supposed to act as an antibacterial medication and as a cleanser that dissolves oil and dirt from the face is simply too much for many people - you are not the first one who experienced such a bad reaction. I mean, this substance comes with a warning that it "may bleach hair or fabrics", I'm afraid that your face now needs a bit of time to heal after this. Some soothing gel with aloe vera will help the swelling to come down, but as far as the acne problem is concerned, maybe you should see a dermatologist, if you haven't already.

Same thing happened to me. I was using proactive for nearly a year and was working well and my skin cleared up, so I thought I may as well stop using it. Then about 8 months later my skin broke out so I decided to use proactive again, however the morning after using it my face was so swollen! My eyes were so swollen I could barely see! Red and itchy as well. Defiantly wasn't a pretty sight! I found that proactive is very harsh product and my skin just couldn't cope with products like proactive since the incident.