Hi. I'm a 14 year old girl and I really really want to lose weight. I'm currently 5'2 and like 110 pounds or something like that. First of all, let me just say that I already have an ongoing list of mental health disorders, and my parents don't want ne to develop anorexia too, somevery time i want to eat healthy or excersize more than usual they give me the third degree and/or won't let me. My lacrosse season is just ending and I really need to lose weight over the summer! Also, I've been semi-vegitarian since I was born, ive never not once had a bite of red meat in my life, and I stopped drinking soda like a year ago. But I also really like sugar and snacking, which is a problem. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi sweety

You already know what troubles you - eating sugary foods and snacking off and on. Any person who has actually lost weight - they all had success with a steely resolve to stop at just anything that is considered as a risk. Eating sugar once in a while is not a crime, but working out enough to loose all those calories is important.

If you can, enlist help of a nutritionist who can plan a balanced diet for you. Eat healthy foods, drink lots of water, sleep well, maintain good clean bowels and then exercise well. Good luck