my friend ______ calls me everyday telling me about her problems and they are very personal and stuff, like to the extreme level, andim not good w giving people good advice, i feel stupid cuz i just sit there on the phone trying to talk to her and nothing comes out, and shes like bawling and i just hate it.. i hate not knowing whatw to say becauuse when i call her, she thinks of funny things to say to cheer me up while im just like oh its ok dont worry.... so any advice anybody??y

Hey 2b are you sure you're not a boy? :O

That's the way the male mind thinks, and that's what gets husbands in trouble all the time. The wife tells him about her problems and he offers solutions when what she really wanted was someone to commiserate with her. That pisses her off and he can't figure out why she's pissed so he goes to the bar to find someone he can talk to. 8-|

Besides, giving advice to friends is a losers game. They probably won't like what you offer and will look for ways to blame you for whatever goes bad after that. o.O

Glad you're back though, I missed you :'(

One of the ways that is fair and honest is to tell your friend what would you do in her situation or if something similar happened to you, think about how you felt and how did you do. She doesn’t have to take your advice every time, but this way you won’t get confused every time she starts to talk about her problems. Oh, and you do have to care about what she is talking about or it just won't work no matter what you do. And like many things, giving advices is something that requires practice – you’ll get better with time.