Hey guys! I'm having a problem here and hope someone could help me. I don't have much self-confidence and I hate it! How can I effectively build self confidence?? There is a girl in my class and I admire her a lot. But I'm afraid to ask her out as I'm not sure in myself. She's one of two or three normal persons that I know but then I'm afraid everyone in the class would tease me (except for my best friend from my class who is trying to persuade me to ask her out) !!! First, how can I build self confidence and finally for the first time in my entire life get the feeling "I can do this! I believe in my self!" ?? And secondly I'll ask her out only then.

Yes, you're right. You can't jump on her just like that. You'll need time for a seduction. Since you're in the same class it's going to be easy to develop communication with her. Is there any subject your good in, at least better than her? You can always help her in math test, or if she's normal as you say, she won't mind helping you with English or biology (for example). That's what class mates do, isn't it? You can find out what kind of music she like, then you read about her favorite band or singer and you can give her some info or ask her something like "Oh, I heard that a new Radiohead's album is coming out?" or you can borrow from her "last Rihanna's album" or whatever she's listening. You can always pretend you LOVE THE SAME KIND OF MUSIC! :-P At least for a while. You can make the same thing with her favorite movies. Try to make conversation but don't exaggerate, don't do it every hour, do it once a day for like five minutes. Try not to sweat, stutter or anything similar. Imagine that you're talking to your best mate, be relaxed, give yourself some time. After a while you'll become good friends, you'll be more relaxed. So you can do this: By two tickets for a movie that she might like, then you can tell her your best friend got sick and he can't go with you so if she wants, she can come with you because you have an extra ticket...so there would be no pressure...she'll probably say yes. Be cool at the movies, talk about the movie, tell a joke or two...
Now, what do you say about my plan? Are you in? :-D

Oh, you wouldn't believe what I just found. Apparently, there are exercises for self-confidence.
Read this
https://www.steadyhealth.com/about/exercises_for_building_self_confidence.html

Not thank you, but THANK YOU!!! Yeah, that's quite a great plan I would have remembered it. :D But we haven't really had some real conversations and we're second graders. What you said about helping her with school, she could help me, but in English NO!!! I'm one of the best students in English. But that doesn't matter. How should I approach her and I need to find out her cell phone number. Now we came to my problem. I don't have courage, self-confidence to even approach her and I don't know maybe my friends would tease me or gossip around, which I hate. But I shouldn't mind it. I liked your post very much and thank you a lot again. Here is my email adress so you could send me a mail and it would be great if I had someone to talk to other than my friends I already know, because you seem like a normal and very sagacious person. I'm off to 8ball with my mates from class now and I hope to talk to you via mail again before Christmas time and then, maybe you could encourage me or sth like that! Thank you once again, here's my email: ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Yeah, that's quite a great plan I would have remembered it. - WRONG!!! I wanted to say that I wouldn't have remembered it :-D