Hello, I am 19 years old, female. I would like to know how does a person become a Buddhist and can woman be Buddhist? I don't know anyone who did that, but I am so interested to know. I read lot about it and I am thinking become one if it possible, although I am not sure if it possible for women.

I am not sure if there is procedure, but I guess it is something like you go there and you change your clothes, name, the way you look and the way of life. A monk is a male aspect of an ordained person, but there is a female ordained person called A Buddhist nun. Different monasteries have different stipulations, so some of them require that you spend some time there as a kid to see if you like it. A monk or a nun means you have chosen to make your spiritual life the most important thing in life, so your spiritual path becomes your life. You change bad mental habits to virtuous, positive states and help and benefit others.