I am interested in becoming a homeopathy practitioner so I'd like to hear how a person gets homeopathic certification. And this training how it works and how long it would take me to get this homeopathic certification and when I get it could I develop my own homeopathic practice. Thank!

Well there you have variable school disposable on providing the specific trainings on becoming a homeopathic practitioner and getting the homeopathic certification. So I personally am planning to start going Baron University that provides such kind of certificate and where the students with the idea of getting homeopathic certificate are very welcomed and it is the place they would gain knowledge regarding this way of healing people so if you want more info about how a person get homeopathic certificate than I advice you go to gobu.org website and check that out on this place. There you have more options where you can go to get trained and certified as homeopath.

Training for a minimum period of 5 1/2 years (BHMS) is absolutely necessary for becoming qualified to practice this system in India as it gives a complete understanding not only about the structure and functioning of the human body but also a thorough understanding of the homeopathic philosophy and its practical utilization while treating diseased persons

In India if you want to practice, then you need to have 5.5 yrs college degree in BHMS.
But as far as learning is concerned, you can learn by distant learning online

rgds