Hello, folks. I must keep my body in shape and after fitness I am thinking of beginning with something little more different. I was thinking on yoga. I would like to know how many calories body can burn with beginner yoga. This will be an interesting piece of info for me. Thanks for replying.

Hello. You should consider practicing Bikram Yoga. It is a form of aerobic. It is estimated that through Bikram, one loses from 350 to 650 calories per class. Some say that the key is to think on burning calories while practicing. Depending on your lifestyle and your efforts on the class, you can expect some weight loss. The goal of Birkam Yoga is not weight loss, but many people experienced this. You won’t be able to see results immediately, of course. I hope I’ve helped. Bye!

Hi Dunc,
Yoga is very interesting, for me at least, but it doesn’t burn too much calories. But I don’t think that you need to burn too much if you already are doing that on your fitness. What do you do on you fitness? How much calories do you lose there? Bikram yoga is yoga where heat is involved and I think you will lose around 300 calories in one hour. Do you do cardio exercise on your fitness? Yoga is good for flexibility, so this can be a good exercise to combine with cardio exercise. However I could suggest running after the fitness instead of yoga, you might burn much more calories in less time.

Good luck,
Danella

No one really answered the question.  Birkrham yoga IS NOT beginning yoga.  Especially the hot kind!