Hello. I have 17 years, my name is Mike. I have a problem with obesity. I had it ever since I was a child. My parents always thought that when I get a little older, the problem will disappear by itself, but it didn’t. On the contrary. I think that I’ve never had more extra pounds than I have now. It was always the main topic in my high school. I am starting to get used to humor based on my pain.:) For my birthday, people from my class got me wii fit. I now even think they are sincerely trying to help me. Anyway, I am wondering can you lose weight with wii fit for real or is it just another weight loss myth?

Hi Mike.

Story of my life. The only difference is that, in my case, it was elementary school that messed up my whole life. Children are not even trying to be nice at that age. I remember that back than, a girl once brought 2 chairs for me to sit on, just in case, if I lack space. And she wasn’t even mean, we used to hang out all the time, she was just trying to be nice. But don’t worry. You will survive.;)

As for the wii fit, I think it is great. You can certainly lose pounds with it and it keeps you physically active. It is a nice present. Give it a try.

Yeah, I agree with TinkerBell23. That is a nice present and you should appreciate that your friends are trying to help you. You are very young, at that age you don’t think much before you say something,  so try not to have any hard feelings. They probably have no idea that those jokes/comments bother you that much.

Concentrate on yourself and on the things that you can do to help yourself feel better. Combine wii fit with some proper diet. Do you play any sports? You definitely should. Wii fit is not a miracle but it will help you  a little.