After my latest appointment with the dermatologist regarding my psoriasis treatment I've talked to her about what long-term my needs will be since all the insurance changes might make some of the laser treatments way to expensive for me, even though she is convinced I'd benefit from them. However, I've read and looked arround and it seems that some people have as sucesfull treatment as with laser using handheld or home narrowband UV light device daavlin. It's expensive, but some insurance companies do cover them and of course, I need to have a perscription to even order one.

Since I'm seeing this dermatologist for only last year and I've struggled and alredy tried everything for psoriasis in last three years, should I try to get my dermatologist to give me perscription for daavlin, or is it perheps worth trying to save money for the laser treatment?

in the long term, I agree with you - it might be way less expensive to get a davvlin UV device, than pay for treatments year after year. From your insurance company view, it definitely seems like this option is cheaper for them as well, since they too pay their share of the device cost only once. What I'd recommend you to do is to simply first check with your insurance company what their policy is on this, and what are their policies for co-pays for long-term psoriasis treatments. After you get the info from them, first hand, than talk to your dermatologist about the prescription for davvlin device. She could write you the prescription anytime, but of course, it's better for you to compare things and see where you can get at least some saving.

Wish you all the best,

Nicole