Do Mizuno Wave Riders tend to run smaller or larger for shoe sizes?

About the same for me. My dress/casual shoes are normally 10.5. That's what size my Wave Riders are.

Mizunos feel a little big to me, but I don't mind the extra space. For me, Mizunos, Nikes and Asics all fit about the same. And I find Brooks and Adidas run about 1/2-size small.
That all being said, I buy running shoes 1/2-size bigger for comfort (no black nails and rare blisters) than my casual shoes. In the case of Brooks and Adidas, I buy a full size bigger than my casual shoes.

I had one pair and I thought they were a little smaller. :shrug:

Men's versus Women's?
I dunno.
Just for the record, the Mizunos I have aren't Wave Riders they're Wave Mustangs. I dunno..maybe that's the difference.

Thanks for the help! I'm just looking at stuff on ebay and trying to get a gauge of what I need to look at if I get away from New Balance. Oddly, my 717's are a 9.5 (which is typically what I wear) and they're a little tight. But the 764's weren't. I'm winning an auction for some 765's, size 10 (hope they aren't too big now), so we'll see how this goes if I win it.

I.LOVE.the 765's!!! I fell in love with the 763's but they changed the style for the 764's and they sucked ass so I switched to Saucony. When they came out with the 765 I tried them again and found they are more in line with the older ones style wise. I talked to the guy at New Balance that a friend knows and he said they had so many complaints about the 764s from longtime customers that they switched everything back. If they work for you, I'd stay with them. NB is a good shoe.

my wave mavericks are size 8s which are one size smaller than my Asics 1090s, which were size 9s. Nevertheless I really like the mavericks...I'm going through my 3rd and 4th pairs right now and I have no complains about them...

I think the thing about Mizunos are that they're narrower.

I didn't love the 764's, but that's what I ended up buying a year ago when I started running (or is it two years now?). I'm hoping the 765's work, but if it is just a size issue like the 10's are too big I'm going to go right back on ebay and get the 9.5's. I like New Balance anyway, it's what I wore though high school and college (that and Saucony).

They are actually very wide depending on the model. That's why I need them.

My old Mizuno's '03, I went with the same size, when I went to order "new" ones they reccommend to size up a half size, so I did, and they feel a little big.

Well, all I can say is that my Asics Gel Kayanos are a size 9, and my Mizuno Wave Riders are a size 11. They're comfortable, but in my case, they run small.