How much do you run weekly? I’m preparing for a marathon and though I’m only a recreational runner I wouldn’t like to embarrass myself and give up after only a few miles so I’d like to try and exercise like real professionals do. I mean, for sure I can’t achieve that mileage, but it would be easier if I knew the average marathon runner weekly mileage.

I’m also not a pro runner and to tell you the truth I don’t keep my logs, but I know that I never try to run more than 25 km during a week. I know that I should do better than that I if want to participate in a marathon but I feel that I’m not ready yet and there’s no reason to force myself to do something I’m not up to still. It’s better to run as much as your body allows you and be happy and healthy. I know that some people run 50 km per week and there are even those who run my weekly 25km at a time, during training. I’ve read that injuries very often happen not because of the fast runs but because of the long ones. So, be careful not to start overtraining.