Hi all. I quit smoking 6 months ago, but I still have a problem with yellow stains on my fingernails and skin. I've tried rubbing my fingers and nails with lemon juice, but that didn't help. What else can I use to remove these stains?

Celebrity

I heard lemon helps? but I am not sure ... 

The best way to get rid of them for sure - is to stop smoking :)

As TayaTaya suggested, try lemon, altough you mentiond it too. Just be sure to soak in your fingers in lemon  juicefor at least 10 minutes. Another solution is potato. Cut a potato in half and rub it into your skin. You need to allow the juice to set for bit loner, about 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing. Potato helped me removed nicotine stains from my fingers. Also, you can dissolve an aspirin tablet in 1 cup of hot water and soak your fingers to remove the stains from your nails and skin. Aspirin dissolved in water works well for removing nicotine stains from clothing and walls, so I guess it can remove stains from nails and skin too.