Hi everyone. I am planning to start following Danish diet. I am aware that this is a low calorie diet and that it is very strict, but I really need to lose a lot of pounds in only a month or two, so I pretty much don’t have any other option. I am going to speak with my doctor first, but since I never had any (major) problem with my health, I believe he will approve it. So I am ok with the reduced number of calories, but I still hope there are tasteful things that I can eat while on this diet. Am I right? Do you have any tasty recipes to share?

I have one. It is a recipe for Red Beet Soup.

Wash 12 large beets in cold water. Remove the skin of the beets. Then cut them into small squares.

Put: half cup of lemon juice,  half cup of white sugar, two pounds of short ribs, one big sliced onion, one teaspoon of allspice, salt and pepper in a casserole dish. Add water until it is all covered.

Cover the dish and cook it for 2 hours and a half on low heat. When it is done, remove the rib bones and put some sour cream on top. Ready to serve.

This is a recipe for parsley sauce. It is ideal for Danish diet. It is very simple and easy to prepare.

You will need: ten grams of butter, two tablespoons of flour, 3½ dl. of milk, two tablespoons of flour, one bundle of parsley, salt and pepper.

First, take a pot and combine flour with 1 dl of milk in it. Add the rest of the milk, and stir the sauce until it boils. Leave it stirring for 5 minutes. Then, you need to add salt, pepper, butter and parsley. Leave it to boil until the butter melts. When that is done the sauce is ready to be served.

You can add this parsley sauce to fried bacon. It will be delicious.

I have another one.  You will need: half of lemon, 9 Ibs of goose, four medium apples, five cups of chicken stock, eight ounces of prunes, salt and pepper.

Soak the prunes and let them stay through the night. Rub the goose with salt, pepper and lemon. Put prunes and apples inside the goose and tie it. Place the goose in the oven to 375F and leave it for 30 minutes. Then, put it in a roasting pan filled with chicken stock . After half an hour turn the goose to the other side.  Pour off the juices into a pan . You can use pan juices to make gravy.  

I love the parsley sauce. I must try that recipe.

Here is a recipe for Pickled Red Cabbage. It makes enough for four people.

Put twenty-five grams of butter , two teaspoons of balsamic vinegar, four tablespoons of redcurrant jelly, quarter teaspoon of allspice and one teaspoon of rock salt in a pot. Add five hundred grams of chopped red cabbage. Let it boil covered with lid for fifteen minutes (use medium heat).  Remove the lid and leave it for another three minutes to boil, high heat.

This is a traditional Danish recipe. It is very delicious and also easy to prepare.  

Try this recipe, it is great. The dish is called Monkey brains. :) It is a traditional meal. Don’t let the name deceive you. It is very delicious.

Cut  1/3 pound of bacon into squares and fry it until it is brown. When it is done, place it on a plate. Take two large sliced onions and brown them in the bacon fat. Add 1/2  pound of ground beef. Add bacon and one can of skinned tomatoes. Add eight ounces of cream. And finally add salt and pepper.  Cover and let it shimmer for twenty minutes.

Your meal is ready. You can serve it with rice.

You can also make a fruit salad. It is very refreshing and healthy. I recommend you use organic ingredients if you have the access to them. You will need two red plums, four apples, one lemon, four bananas, four table spoons of white sugar, and two big handfuls of some muesli (you can choose whichever is your favorite).

Now, the preparation is of course very simple. Just like any other fruit salad, just cut all the fruits into small pieces. Put them in a bowl. Add muesli and add some lemon juice. Then add sugar. That’s all. All you have to do is mix the salad and it is ready to be served.