I’d like to increase my running mileage. At first it seemed like something easy, but it turned out that I couldn’t manage. I suppose that you, experienced runners, have certain techniques for increasing mileage without consequences. Up to now I’ve been running for a year with frequency of three to four times a week. I don’t want to change the frequency, just mileage.

There is no special technique apart from the fact that you should do it gradually and moderately. And after you’ve introduced an increase establish that mileage and run for a while like that. Don’t try to introduce more miles until you’ve completely adjust to the previous distance. That’s actually one of the basic mistakes that people make, because they train for a while and after that want to increase their mileage all of a sudden and they don’t allow their body to find its own pace. Mileage is not the important factor in running. Bear that in mind. Neither is the speed. It’s better to run slowly and cover only a little portion of the planed track, but do everything properly, then to run fast and long improperly.