This situation of mine is really frustrating. I’ve started running recreationally last year and I managed to achieve certain speed and mileage. But I’ve noticed that recently I’ve begun slowing down for no particular reason. I get tired faster and can hardly breathe after the training. What could be the cause? I haven’t stopped training ever since I began, so it’s not that I’m rusty.

Don’t worry! These things happen even to the people who have longer running career. Sometimes it’s just because your body is tired and needs to be replenished. Maybe you haven’t taken in enough vitamins and minerals. Reconsider your diet and start eating healthy food. Maybe you should have your blood tested, because in spring and fall the number of red blood cells tends to drop because of the change of season. If you’re anemic, it’s obvious that you won’t be able to run as fast and long as you could before. But, sometimes there is no particular explanation for this. It just happens, lasts for some time, and after that you’re back into normal again. Just don’t give up or force yourself.

Take a break, but no more than 1 week.

D