I’d like to start swimming and as I do everything very thoroughly and systematically, I want it to be the same in this case. So, what am I supposed to know about swimming physics? Are there certain body movements that I have to exercise or something? I’m a complete layman and I could really use some help on this subject. Thanks.

Hey there, thorough layman!  There’s nothing in particular that you should sit and learn in order to prepare. The body will adapt to the water and the new movements very easily. You shouldn’t worry about the swimming physics as that’s something that comes unconsciously and you don’t do much about that. You can only practice some workouts in order to improve your strength and the skill will come as the time goes. So, just go to the nearest swimming pool and take a course. Don’t expect results so fast, because swimming is a demanding sport and it takes time to master the skills necessary for strokes. Just be persistent and don’t let your motivation leaves you. Good luck!