I'm 14, my hight is 5 feet 2.5 inch. I weight about 115.5 lbs and I have to lose weight, my goal is 105 lbs. Ive been trying to go along with a good plan that won't keep me starving or craving for food while I'm in school and so far I have nothing. And advice on how to lose 10 lbs and keep it off??

Your best bet to losing weight is to increase your activity and skip on the junk food.  Junk food contains tons of calories, and this type of food is easily consumed and digested so you tend to eat even more of it.  You will cut many of the calories you don't need if you skip on the chips, pop, and sweets.  Adding exercise to your day will rev up your metabolism, and you will burn more calories this way.  If you do all of the mentioned, you will lose your ten pounds in no time.  Of course, if you resume your old eating habits, you will gain it back quickly. 

There are several ways and tips for weight loss but sometimes it depends on human body that how much it cooperates with those using tips. Each one have different nature, requirements and working efficiency therefore we have need to understand it first before taking any action for weight loss. Initially we should consult to a neutralist or experienced fitness trainer to get a best fitness and diet plan for weight loss.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hi Abby, my suggestion has always been to follow the 3 points of losing weight; M.E.D.

It stands for

Mindset

This is all about your mental strength and support towards achieving your weight loss goal. This will be my number 1 priority, because only when the mindset is right, then can you follow through with the next 2 points, Exercise and Diet. This point is applicable to every single person who wants to achieve their goals.

First, my advice is to share with everyone that is close to you. The people who support you will constantly remind you and may even help you be becoming your weight loss buddy. They can help you in both being your exercise buddy and diet buddy.

Secondly, for those who chose not to believe in you, just understand that it is you who get the benefits, use their negativity to power your desire to achieve your weight loss.

Lastly, it takes lots of COURAGE, DETERMINATION and DISCIPLINE to lose weight. Courage to persevere when others or you doubt yourself, courage to share to others. Determination to keep pushing yourself and being accountable to yourself in achieving your goal. Discpline in keeping to your schedule and plans, without distraction or much unneeded amendments (proper flexibility in your program should still be there).

Exercise

Once your mindset is set, or you made it your goal. Just go ahead and get a new pair of workout shoes or engage a trainer (if you really want and can afford a customized program or someone to constantly challenge you).

Exercising can be as easy as just ensuring that your physical activity level is increasing and slowly building up to at least 30 minutes of constant exercise. As I'm unaware of your current lifestyle and fitness level, it will be hard to really advise you accordingly.

You can start by going for brisk walking, swimming or jogging (or any other cardio exercises) for at least 20 to 30 minutes, once every week (if you have not been active), or every alternate days (I do it everyday) if you have been active.

You may even decide to consider doing interval trainings, HIIT, or resistance training. These has all been proven to help in weight loss, while building some muscles and increasing your fitness. It can be effective for you if you do have the knowledge on how to do them safely with the right planning. With the extra muscles, you will be able to increase metabolism up to 48 hours after the workout, and burn more fats.

Some simple bodyweight exercises will be just to do Moutain Climbers, Push Ups, Lunges, Squats, etc. Aim to work out as many muscles as possible. You can PM me if you do require more help in details.

Diet

This will be the main focus of the whole plan. It is easier to out-diet a poor exercise plan than to out-exercise a poor diet plan. This is because, even if you are not exercising, your body will still be burning off fats, though it will take a longer time than if you combine both diet and exercise plan.

There have been many diet fads out there, and many contradicting reviews too. Some encourage eating 6 small meals, some focuses on a particular type of food, etc.

I, however prefer to keep it simple. I still keep my basic 3 meals. No snacks in between, and each meals are served at half or 3/4 of their normal serving. This is supplemented by drinking with lots of water throughout the whole day, as at times, our body misinterpret thirst as hunger, and therefore we eat more. Drinking water will also help you boost your metabolism by at least 20%, which will definitely help in fat loss.

However, my diet plan may work for me, and not for you. So it is best if you can try out different methods to see which works for me. A general guide is to aim for long term, sustainable results, rather than just the immediate results. So try not to adjust your diet too drastically, but gradually, and eventually you will realise your appetite will get smaller.

I do have a relative who eats only 1 meal a day (normal dinner only) and drink fruit juice (mixture of 3 fruits and spoonful of protein powder). The fruit juice did assist her with suppressing her hunger for the whole day till dinner. I suspect it might be the protein, as protein had been proven to help in hunger suppression. So you may also decide to include slightly more protein in your meals (carbohydrates and fats are still required though).

For fats, try to limit intake of saturated and have unsaturated fat. If your family do cook, try to use extra virgin olive oil instead. And if you have nothing to eat, before exercising, you can consider using Extra Virgin Cocunut Oil (warning! it is pure oil) for the extra boost of energy, or just keep some sweets with you for emergency, in case your blood sugar level dips too much and you go into a hypoglycemic state.

Conclusion

Hope I did help you out there, although this is a long post. I personally have struggled with weight loss 3 years back. It is until I enlisted for my National Service that I was pushed and forced to lose weight. So I do understand how hard it can be without support, accountability and programming/plans. Feel free to keep me updated on your progress or let me know if you need more help.

Health Advisor

Hello guys and girls.

Have you ever lost your weight loss motivation? If that’s true, don’t be depressed. A lot of people walked in your shoes.

SteadyHealth Community collected their stories and presented them in our new book “Weight loss motivation and discipline: Real experiences”.There you can find how people from all over the world overcome their obstacles and successfully lost their extra weight. They share with us motivational quotes and little tips and tricks which are life-savers.

You can download it totally free of charge for the next five days by using the following link - http://goo.gl/IfKUeD.

If you like our book, please leave feedback on Amazon and help us in our mission of helping other people with their health problems and concerns.

Health Advisor

Our ebook “Weight loss motivation and discipline: Real experiences” is free for just three more days.

If you are stuck with your weight loss journey, there’s nothing better than reading experiences of real people who were determined enough to win battle with their pounds. Motivation comes from the inside, but indulging yourself with a little more encouragement can't hurt!

After reading our book, just help us with one small thing: leave us your comment on Amazon and help other people find our book.

Health Advisor

Today is the last day of our free promo campaign for the “Weight loss motivation and discipline: Real experiences” ebook.

Demotivation is the enemy of successful weight loss. This book is all about making friends with your weight loss journey and staying committed.

Just follow this link and restore lost faith - http://goo.gl/IfKUeD.

After downloading your free copy, please leave us a feedback on Amazon and help us reach others in our attempt to share this useful info to as many people as we can.