Hello! I have read about how healthy millet is and I decided to buy some and include it in my everyday nutrition plan for a healthy life style. I bought some yesterday but the label has no preparing suggestions included on it. Can someone help me and tell me how to prepare millet?

Hi! I don’t really have any recipes but I know that my good friend makes almost everything with millet. I have tried her millet bread and millet salad and both were delicious. I have also heard her talk about porridge and cereals she makes from millet too. Unfortunately I don’t have the specific information right now but I am sure I can get them soon, or maybe someone else already knows and can tell us now?

Hi girls! There are many ways of cooking to be found for millet. A good general guideline is to use 3 parts water and 1 part grain. Add grain to boiling water, and cook covered for approximately 30 minutes or until water is completely absorbed. When you remove it from heat you should let it steam covered for ten minutes more. This way you get a kind of a porridge you can eat or it can also be used as a side dish or served under cooked vegetables or with beans. If you have kids it might be fun to eat it popped like corn as a snack or breakfast cereal. The millet seeds may be added whole and raw before baking for a delightful "crunch" feeling in baked pastries and bread. For everyday bread you can use 30% of millet and the rest must be the plain flour or otherwise the bread won’t rise.