What can you tell me about foot type and running hoes? I’ve heard something about that only recently. Up to then I thought that all running shoes were the same and that it was only important that they’re well cushioned. So, when I was buying shoes, the most important fact was whether they were soft in the inside and, of course, their design had to be attractive.

There’s a whole science about types of running shoes. There are basically three foot types and various kinds of shoes for each of them. It’s very important that you determine your foot type and in accordance with it buy proper shoes, because shoes that are not designed for your foot type can be uncomfortable and you can get cramps, pains and numbness in your feet, not to mention that sometimes it can bring about injuries. So, three foot types are: flat foot, normal foot and high arch foot. Now, this can be determined when you step on floor with wet feet. Types of foot cause different types of pronation, so flat foot usually tends to overpronate, while high arch foot underpronates. Normal foot has a normal gait. So, after you’ve determined your foot type, when buying shoes ask for the ones that, for example, correct overpronation.