Hi. I am 65 year old male and these last 15 years I’ve been suffering from many heart diseases. It began with Streptococcus infection which attacked my heart valves and destroyed them completely. Of course, after that implantation of artificial valves operation occurred.
After operation I was feeling grate for about five years and than I lived through one heart attack.
Doctor said that my valves were fine but I had some coronary artery disease and he didn’t know what kind of disease.
So, he scheduled me for some diagnostic method called MUGA-scan.
I have never heard about this kind of method so I would be very grateful for any more information about it.

I’m a medical student and I had opportunity to listen one lecturing about this kind of method.
The multiple-gated acquisition (MUGA) scan is a non-invasive nuclear test that uses a radioactive isotope called technetium – Tc to evaluate the functioning of the heart's ventricles.
Non-invasive means that it is not a real operation but method where Tc is injected in your veins.
The MUGA scan is performed to determine if the heart's left and right ventricles are functioning properly and to diagnose abnormalities in the heart wall.
It can measure blood flow through heart wall and determine which artery has any defect in her flow. If artery is blocked-it means that another heart-attack is near.
If MUGA scan determine that you have one or more arteries blocked that you’ll be scheduled for another operation called- coronary artery bypass graft surgery.