I am pretty desperate because of weight. For a very long time I am planning to do something to lose my weight but everything I've done didn't make any results.
Two weeks ago I decided to start with aerobics but my friend told me it won't help me and even it may cause some damages to my health. Now I don't know what to do and would I do aerobics at all?

I am practicing aerobics for 10 years and if I know something for sure it is that your health won't be harmed by aerobics. If you are not person who would need to practice aerobics than I don't know who is! Aerobics will speed up your metabolism and burn fats. It will make you to lose your weight. Also it is very good for your cardiovascular system because you will make your blood pressure lower and slow down your hearth rate.

try to find these videos. they are just a walking video but extremely helpful for us obese people.

Leslie Sansone
"walk away the pounds"
She has numerous videos and they are really good.
I started them about 6 weeks ago and went from 278 to 262lbs and have high blood pressure. Try them and let me know how they work for you