Hi, I have been working out four times a week for six months. I started to go to aerobic classes because I wanted to lose weight. And to my surprise that didn't happen. In fact I even put on a couple of pounds. A few days ago a friend told me that this is not at all unusual and that if I want to lose weight I have to go on a diet and attend aerobics classes. Is this true?

Hi, your friend is right. I have learned that the best and the fastest way to lose weight is to combine workout with the right diet. And finding the right diet can be a lot of work. I have tried few and non of them helped. I was always hungry and dizzy, and most of the time I was so tired that I began skipping the aerobics classes. Then a friend of mine taught me the rules of balanced nutrition. And now I am going to share them with you: eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables a day: proteins are good for you and you can eat non fatty meat, dairy products and eggs of course not all at once; products like sugar, sweets and white bread are not desirable because they are a source of carbohydrates and they are stuffed with calories. Also try not to mix proteins with carbohydrates. Drink plenty of water and you will see the results in no time.