I am a 16 years old and in reasonably good shape, i have osgoods slatter in my knees, and flat feet. I have good shoes and inserts to minimize the foot thing. I have never been a good runner, more of a swimmer, but since there is not a pool close to me availible i am going to run. I have been getting up at 4:45 ( i am an early riser), and been going running, mostly just 2-3 miles, but i was wondering if i should eat/ drink before or after it, and what should i eat? I eating extremely healthy already, but i don't know if i should change my diet to add more protein or whatnot. Also i am going to be alternating running with strength exercises so my body has a chance to rest in between workouts. Here is what i do now: ( i don't particuarly like weights, and i don't have any anyways.) pull ups, (palms away from my body), pushups, situps, side situps, V-sits, some core exercise that my dad showed me including the "plank", and i was wondering what else i could/ should do. Does this sound like i good idea? any commets? suggestions?

Hi incognitobob, that's great idea, you have almost all bases covered, I would advise just lot of water and lot of sleep. Not bad exercise is lunges, doing 3 series of 12 every other day can only benefit you, rest you have covered. Hope this helped.

Haha, holy sh*t. I posted this over 4 years ago and I just now got a reply. I forgot I even had this account.
Thanks random stranger, this actually made my day.

Hellll To Da No! Ecuuuse Me!