Hello!
I have decided to get back into shape. Right now I am far from in good shape. I am 24 years old 6'0' and 265lbs. I am stocky in build(I played Nose guard in high school football)
A week ago I started a regimented diet of negative calorie foods and light proteins(Egg whites not Yolk) in small amounts several times a day(5 on average)
I have lost all ready in one week 5lbs. I don't want to be told that loosing weight too fast is bad for you because I have done this before and I never had felt better in my life. My family's gym membership ran up last time and no one besides myself wanted to continue our trek to the gym every night.
My friend came back from deployment for a month leave and I am PTing with him.(Pushups, Situps, and running) I have hardly any endurance anymore so I started slow the first day walking a 1/4 mile to the track running 1/4 of a mile and walking 3/4 of a mile around the track and then walking back the 1/4 mile to my home.
The second day being yesterday I walked to the track, ran 1/4 of a mile walked 1/2 a mile and ran 1/4 mile then walked off one more lap before the trek back home.
My main concern and questions come in in that I do not want to damage my bone structure. Obviously I am overweight and risk hurting myself but I am not sprinting around the track. I have had periods in my life when I did a lot of highly cardiovascular activity. I know how hard I can push my muscles until I would end up with a lot of pain the next day so I am not as concerned about that. (I am also keeping track of my potassium intake to help with sore muscles.)
Should I invest in running shoes? I am currently running in a pair of Adidas street shoes that I wear while golfing. (Really good arch support)
Sorry for the really long story.
Thanks for your help!!
-Matt