Hello I am 16 years old and I am getting with a girl at school however I have only recently realised that my foreskin doesn't actually retract past maybe 1/6 of the top of my penis. I am partially worried after doing research that I may have phimosis. How would I go about being able to retract my foreskin all the way down because I am struggling and rather worried at the moment, any help is welcome and thankful.

Hi Me,

Start stretching your foreskin - now.  This is common until around age 16 or so.

Get an erection and pull down on the shaft skin so that the head of your penis, the glans, spreads the opening.  You can also use your fingers.

The more often you do it the sooner you'll see results. 

You may find it easier in the shower as the warm water will help soften the skin.

Thank you so much, how long should it take roughly to be able to pull all the way down and such. Also will it generally hurt afterwards?

It varies as to how long it will take. You just have to do it as often as you can to help speed the process - skin grows by stretching. Ideally your foreskin will slide up and down easily as you get erect.

You don't have to hurt yourself. Just take your time. It may be a bit sore though, yes.

You will find your glans to be very sensitive at first. That's because it has always been covered by your foreskin and the nerves aren't used to being touched. That will lessen as time passes.

Good luck.

Just a last one, after trying the stretches in the shower I have found that the skin is moving well but the movement is being restricted by the bit of skin connecting the tip to the skin as it seems rather short and reluctant to move further down or allow further movement. Is this a different thing with different stretches or is that just natural too, Thanks

I stretched my foreskin like you did but mine was restricted also by that piece of skin. It's called the frenulum and some say you can stretch that too but mine would not. You can have a doctor cut that if it bothers you. Way back when I had the problem we had no internet and knew nothing about having a doctor fix that. Mine tore several times during sex until it was gone. I can tell you life is much better without it so having a doctor fix it is well worth it.

Do you know of any ways I can stretch it at all? Or is surgery the only way?

I suppose you can try by just pulling back on it to see if it will stretch but mine didn't appear to stretch a bit, it just hurt to pull back on it. Now that it's gone my foreskin can go all the way back so the inner side is spread over the whole shaft all the way down to my belly. That feels terrific when pulling back on it and when inserting it in a vagina.

Yeah just wondering could you easily pull your foreskin back but found the frenulum prevented it or was the foreskin simply to tight as well?

Mine was a little tight when I became a teen. When I was born the doctor told my mother she had to pull it back and wash under it at every bath and she did so until she turned that job over to me. It became tight as I became a teen and it grew but it still went back fine unless it was erect. Then it would get stuck behind the glans until in went soft. So I stretched it by putting my two little fingers in the opening when taking a shower, spreading it tightly and holding it for a few minutes. When I was able to get larger fingers in I did and eventually I was able to get three fingers in opening and it was loose enough to not get stuck back there any more. I was happy with being able to move it back and forth easily then. It wasn't until later that I discovered the frenulum was a problem during sex. I never tried to pull it back far enough to hurt the frenulum during masturbation but after I got married and began having sex without a condom it got pushed back during sex and it tore several times. It didn't hurt bad but the blood was scary the first time it happened. After about 4 times it was no longer a problem as it was just gone. I can't even see the remains of it and the tip of my foreskin can be pulled all the way down to my belly. Later after the internet came along I learned that the inner foreskin is stretch sensitive and is meant to be stretched during sex for extra pleasure. So getting the frenulum out of the way is a real plus for your pleasure.