Hi, my son is 15 years old, and he became very rude. I don’t know where did he learn to behave like this, but it wasn’t at home for sure. He tells unkind things to me, and it really hurts my feelings. What should I do?

Hi, I went through the same thing with my son. It wasn’t easy, but it was part of his growing up. My husband was never home, so I had to deal with this problem alone. He told me many unkind things and I punished him for every single one. However, I never let those things hurt me because I knew that he was just going through puberty and didn’t mean what he said. I told his father what I was going through, but work was more important than teaching his son good manners. My son is 23 years now and when he realized how ungrateful he was, he apologized me for everything. I think I did a good job, because I was patient and supportive, and yet kept the authority.

Im 15 and im female i know its wrong but i do it to my parents too i try to stop but i feel like my parents just bother me when espeacially when im in a bad mood and want to be alone. And im liek this mostly cause stressed out of school or having issues or because im tired and just want to be alone but parents and sometimes i feel like they wont leave me alone they just keep bothering me to the point i say things i dont mean i feel like they provocking me... i dont know but maybe ur son is just like me. And dont hit him that will just make things worst and it wont solve anything he might even hit u back and it happens ... Your better off yelling at him.