I understand it is not easy to determine how many calories I will burn during exercise. I would like to know if I start to exercise with Pilates Yoga, how it would go on. Is there difference between losing inches and weight? I want to lose some inches but not weight, and I would like to know if that is possible. Can you tell me more about this kind of a problem?

Your weight helps determine how many calories you burn, so the more you weigh, the more calories you are able to burn. You may use formula: divide the number of calories burned by 130 pounds. After this, you should multiply the answer by your weight in pounds. All this talk about calories leads to a frequently asked question if yoga or Pilates can help you lose weight. Definitely, it can help you lose weight as part of a total program that includes watching what you eat and doing cardio exercise. If you were doing no other form of exercise except for twice a week of moderate Pilates, burning 520 calories a week would not be enough. That is why you would have to add an aerobic exercise or a sport like badminton or tennis. However, if you are doing three intense classes of yoga, a week that are one-and-a-half hours, then the caloric burn of 1,800 calories is enough to help you lose weight. Beyond weight loss, yoga and Pilates have a greater impact on your appearance because of the inches you lose. You will achieve this from the firming and toning effect on the muscles. It is common situation to require a smaller size of clothes while your weight seemingly remains unchanged.