I did my period oct/27/2014' and i wen 4 ultrasound i was told am eight weeks that the gestational sac measures 32.6 mm.there is no fetal activity observed....please. I dn't understand what the doctor mean.

Hi adefun

The doctor was referring to normal development of the baby in uterus. At weeks the baby will show heartbeats - a pulsating heart. If this is missing, it is a possible case for a dead fetus - you maybe required to terminate your pregnancy. However I suggest that you get a second opinion and another ultrasound done before taking any drastic steps. Hope this helps

What's the cause of these undevelop pregnacy and what precaution should i take to prevent such a thing not to happen next time

There are several reasons, one of them being hormonal imbalance. May I suggest that your doctor will evaluate you for proper treatment. It will be wrong on my part to suggest anything. He will conduct blood tests and suggest medication