I have been clean from opiates for about 2 weeks, and I have a question about Suboxone. I understand that this medicine works well by reducing the withdrawal symptoms in opiates use. Since I havent experienced much withdrawal symptoms in terms of feeling ill i'am experiencing a craving for the drug and I'm tempted to grab 3 or vicodin's for today. My question is does suboxone take that craving away after you use opiates? I know it makes you feel better if your are sick but i'm not and have never been. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Hi there, I'm glad to hear that you were able to quit the opiates so well! I know that suboxone is supposed to help you curb your craving too so that's usually why people take it on top of symptom control. Are you considering taking it now? Let me know how ou're doing, okay?

yeah i'm still considering it. Havent yet. I actually read in a magazine today that cravings go away when there are entered into the system in moderation and every so often. So I might take that into consideration. Maybe taking 2 or 3 vicodin's in a day than not touching anything for another 4- 5 days and see how i feel. Havent done it yet, but debating it and i know i hve the will power to stop after the 2 or 3.

ant2530 wrote:

I think it might be worth looking into. Can you let me know what you decide? It would be interesting to hear how it goes for you. Thanks :)!

Hey healthfitness guy. So i decided to do it. Took 2 vicodines the other day at 7.5mg per pill. the next day didn't take anything but craved it a bit. Today I'n not craving it really at all so I'm not going to take anything. I'll keep you posted on whats going on. Also the 2 vicodin'e is nothing compared to the dosages that i was doing at one point and trust me those pills hit me hard. I felt like i never even took it before....... I'm a big beleiver anything in moderation is ok. Just like when some people have a few drinks on the weekend every now and than. Taking a few pills every now and than is ok too as long as you take a good amount of days off and do it at low dosages. It becomes a problem when you do it every day and every couple of hours then you hooked. Well thats just my theory on it. Who knows maybe i'm wrong.

Hi ant, I do agree that everything in moderation is a good way to live, although I think the reason why a lot of people do drugs and drink too much and that sort of thing is because they're trying to escape dealing with a problem. So long as you're not doing that, then I think you're fine. How have you been doing?

I been doing pretty good. Not been completely clean but it's been in moderation and def not every day like the old days. I mostly would do it on the weekends to sit back and chill out. Also never at the same amounts as I used to as well. When i do it it's only like 2 vicodin's in a day. So I do feel like i have a pretty good control over it it. I look at it like this. Most people my age go out on the weekends and have a few drinks friday and Saturday. Me I go out on the weeknds with my friends and pop a few vicodin's instead of the drinks. and every now and than maybe on a wed or thurs sit back and relax and pop a v. It;s never more than 2 and it's never like 3 days in a row. To be honest I'm craving it alot less this way and in my opion an addictive drug is only when you let the drug be addictive. If you do it the way I'am than it's not addictive. I feel that the people who have problems with the drug are the people who wake up in the morning take the stuff, and basically consistently take it all day long like every couple hours. This is to the point where there life is basically high all day long and they never really face reality. Your very right in saying that people do this stuff to escape a problem. Problems usually lead to depression and lets be honest when you pop a few pills you get a sense of happyness and relaxation and for the time your problems become non-exsistent. You have to realize that this is only a temporary feeling and not the solution. If you have that in your head and tell yourself i'm just going to do 2 today and take a break for 3-4 days and are able to stick to that philisophy your cravings and constient obsessions about the drugs will soon disappear.

I'm glad to hear that things are going well with you. Are you going to be getting off them altogether or have you decided to just use them sparingly? I thought that you were going to be using them still but I cannot remember now from our last conversation :-)

I'm just going to use them sparingly. I'm gonna stay away from percs and ocy and just stick the V"s. not much though. Just 2 max of 7.5mg and not everyday. Just every 3rd or 4th day. And I'll be honest when i do take the drugs 2 v's really do hit me and it's basically all i need. Which is a good thing.

ant2530 wrote:

That's good to know. YOu can very easily mess yourself up taking them so as long as you can keep control of it and not let it get out of hand. I'm glad to hear that you're doing well.