im a 13 year old boy and have thrown up four times today and an worried about throwing up in my sleep. any advice?

Hi John

You could try sleeping in a comfortable chair if that would help ease your concerns about sleeping.

You should wake as soon as you feel your going throw up so just having a pale beside your bed would be a good idea.

I’m guessing you have the flu sleeping on your stomach would maybe help as well then it is just a matter of grabbing the pale if you do get sick.

Hopefully your stomach will settle down and you get a good night’s sleep.

Hi John
If you are going to get sick it should be just like if you have to pee during the night you wake.
There would also be nothing wrong with asking to sleep with your mom or dad or just in their room if it would help put your mind at ease.
That way if you get sick they will hear you and make sure you are okay.
Hope you feel better soon.

My 8 year old son often threw up in his crib starting at 2 years old. Since, he's been seeing a Gastro dr every 3-4 months for GERD/Acid Reflux. If that was your first time throwing up in your sleep, it was prob a 24 hour flu. If you have more similar episodes, I would advice you to talk to your parents or whoever you live with. My son takes Prilosec 10mg in the am & 20mg before dinner everyday. He tries to stay away from acid foods, red sauces, pizza & chocolate & he does great! Good luck to you & I hope this goes away for you!