I JUST HAD MISCARRIAGE I WAS ABOUT 61/2 WEEK PREGNANT. IT STARTED WITH BROWN SPOTTING FOR 2 DAYS AND THE 2ND DAY THAT EVENING I WAS PASSING SOME BLOOD. THE NEXT DAY EARLY THAT MORNING AROUND 6:15 I WAS BLEEDING PRETTY HEAVY. MY HUSBAND AND I WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND HE DID A U.S. AND DOCTOR WAS NOT OPTOMISTIC ABOUT MY PREGNANCY. EARLY THIS EVENING AT ABOUT 6:30 I MISCARRIAGE. I WAS A MESS EMOTIONALLY. MY HUSBAND AND I BROKE DOWN AND HE JUST KEPT REASSURING ME THAT IT WASN'T MY FAULT AND THAT I DID EVERYTHING I COULD TO KEEP OUR BABY SAFE, AND HEALTHY. I FEEL REALLY HORRIBLE. I THOUGHT I WAS DOING REALLY WELL.

MY QUESTION IS HOW LONG SHOULD WE WAIT TO CONCEIVE? WHAT SHOULD I AVOID DOING TO PREVENT THIS TO HAPPEN AGAIN?

I'm so sorry. I had a miscarriage many years ago. I know what you're feeling. Rest assured, it was not your fault. It could have been physiological, i.e. poor implantation. There are many reasons. I don't think that you can control what actually happens at conception and the early weeks. Miscarriages are a lot more common than you think. I did not know the statistics until I had one and that was in 1987. Most people don't even know that they are pregnant. You know what not to do. If you are trying to conceive, check any meds with your doctor first. Practice good nutrition. Take your pre-natal vitamins. Keep your stress down. Even with these practices, sometimes miscarriages occur. What you cannot do is bring this stress into a new pregnancy. Try to relax and be excited about the fact that you can get pregnant again. That's great news. Enjoy trying again, and don't blame yourself. I am happy to hear that your husband is so supportive. Believe what he says, he is right. Don't let a crisis in the past control your future. Please keep us updated.