I am 18 and me and my boyfrind have been together for 3 years and trying. I had a miscarrage not loong before we got together and just had surgery this year to remove a baseball sized cyst off of my ovary. I dont know if either of those factors play a part, but we have been unsuccessful since we have been together. We have recently gotten married, so now me and him are really settleing down and trying hard. We both smoke, but thats it. I am over weight, but pretty healthy. Any suggestions for me? I know its bad to smoke and we have reduced from 2 packs a day to about 7 cigarettes a day, so we are doing good there. And please dont harp about my age or anything. I am old enough to know what I want and what it takes and I am a married woman. I need serious answers.

Hi Cindy,

There shouldn't be any issues from the miscarriage.  They are more common than most women realize unfortunately.  The cyst can be something that MAY cause fertility problems.  

Talk to your doctor/surgeon about the cyst.   He saw it.  Did it damage other tissues?  How is the ovary?  Will it impact your fertility?

That would be a good place to start.  

If everything is "OK" then a fertility specialist may be in order for both of you.  You'd both have physical exams.  Blood would be drawn, you'd have an internal exam and your husband would perform a sperm count.

Good luck.

I will look in to that. Thank you.