I want to have a baby and I am not getting any younger and neither is he we are both 41.  He was my high school sweetheart we just happened to find each other again after my divorce and I want to have a baby with him but he has some health issues and is afraid to leave me alone raising a child by myself.  What do I do we have talked and talked and he just wont do it and I know he wants to have a baby also.  Help!

I say go for it, it is beautiful to have children when your in love.

Both of you seem to have concerns.  I suggest you both sit down and have a serious conversation about this.

Tell him how you feel.  Use I statements, such as "I feel" and "I think."  When it's his turn to talk, really listen to him.  Don't interrupt him.  Don't switch it back to you.  Just listen.  After both of you have expressed your feelings and opinions, see if you can come to a compromise or conclusion.

Best of luck!

Talking it out will help both of you decide.

You are right about not getting any younger. I mean I have a 20 year old & then a 2 year old. But, in my situation I had fertility problems for 8 years so it took much longer. I think if you really want a baby it's now or never. I hate to sound so blunt. I think if you are willing to care for a baby on your own later than that should be your decision.