If you were single and healthy, would you consider not having health insurance for a few years and invest the money instead?

Nope

I didn't have to consider it, they did it for me. Buying health insurance as a single person was so expensive I couldn't afford it. Finally when I was married and over 30 I was the head tech at the company and I talked the owner into buying it for all of us as long as we paid for it because it was much cheaper if the company bought it.

Later when I turned 60 I was without insurance again until I reached 65 and got Medicare. When you turn 60 the insurance companies apparently think you are about to move into a hospital. My rates more than doubled while my out of pocket went from $3000 to $10,000. I could have bought the same old $3000 out of pocket with $1500 deductible but the rates would have been close to $1600 a month. So I was without health insurance again from 60 to 65.

ummmmmmmm.....NO.

surefire way to jinx yourself into needing brain surgery.

not. gonna. do it.

I've thought about it. But I think the odds of me breaking a bone are high enough to warrant being insured.

i risked it for a while. i actually got it only so my yearly girly dr check ups would be covered. three months after getting insurance, i had my thyroid removed. :umno:

would i ever not have it again, if my health let me? NO!

I went for years when I was younger without health insurance. :hysteria:

Don't think I ever needed a Dr. either.

Nope.

No.