Our insurance company is saying that they will not pay the hospital bill from when we lost our twins. They say that because of the fact that they where 18 weeks it is considered abortion. Does anyone have any knowledge of how to fight this.

Please help,

Jeff

First off, I am so very sorry for your loss, I have seen many close friends go through this, and I know its not easy, and the last thing you want to deal with is the insurance company. I can't really help you with fighting them, but I would explain to them that a miscarriage is defined as the loss of an embryo before the 20th week of gestation, which you fall into. Also, send them the doctor's report that shows it was a miscarriage. I would try to enlist the help of the doctors that treated your wife, they may be able to inform the insurance company that it was, indeed, a miscarriage. As a last resort, you may need to seek legal advice. A lawyer may be able to provide you with a little more insight into how to fight this. Good luck, once again, I am sorry that you have to go through all of this.