Hey guys, wondering if anyone could give me a few tips.

so I'm modeling in a swimwear competition in 9 days and I am freaking out about it. its not that I am overweight, but I would like to be slim and gorgeous for it. I am about 180cm, 63 kg, and 16 years old. I eat fairly healthy, but sometimes miss breakfast. I also dance ballet three nights a week and I am starting a bit of an exercise routine in the mornings (any suggestions for that would be helpful as well). basically, can anyone tell me other things which will just help me drop a few kg in 9 days!

Don't skip breakfast! It kick starts your metabolism for the day. Drink plenty of water and eat health food like you have beenand don't forget your protien(chicken, fish,meat). DO NOT STARVE yourself. I've done that and it only backfires: you will not lose fat weight, but you will lose all your tone lean muscle and look like flab. I find that exercising a hour a day instead of 3o minutes sheds the pounds on my eliptic walker. In 9 days the most anyone should lose is a little over 1 kg or 2.2pounds if you are at normal weight. If you lose more you are probable just losing lean muscle. Remember sometimes it is how you carry yourself and confidence that people are going to be attracted to, not the pounds under a bathing suit!

Can you explain to me how it backfires? I am a pretty active guy and know not to skip meals but how does skipping meals cause you to lose muscle mass instead of fat? I am intrigued. Thanks!

Everyone occasionaly skips a meal because of hectic schedules, but it does not mean it's a good thing. If you consistently skip meals, your sending a signal to your body that it should hold on to its fat storage. The body still needs enery so it will get it from muscle and cause muscle to "waste". Also as you get older, especially women, if you don't exercise you lose muscle mass and gain fat. It just how nature works.
When I was young and foolish I didn't eat for 4 days. I just drank water so that I could perform in front of an audience of my peers. I basically fit into my outfit for the one occasion, but as soon as the show was over and ate my normal healthy diet I gained 10 pounds
( about 5kg) in 5 days. I was weak, flabby and looked pretty bad. DO NOT DO IT!

Wow, that's pretty intense! Yeah, it sounds like a good idea to keep eating all day then. I guess that's why they recommend that you eat five to six meals per day. Thanks fo sharing your insight!