Hey, I am a lesbian. i've tried going out with guys and they do nothing. I've always been attracted to females though. I'm pretty amateur in this - i have no idea where to look or how to get a girlfriend, any suggestions please? It's difficult to tell who's straight, gay, or bi. i think i need a little training in the matchmaking department =)

It is easier to tell who is what orientation as you get older. Generally, there are two main types of lesbians: Lipstick lesbians (wear brand names, make-up, and look like the girl-next-door) and butch lesbians (dresses more like boys, hangs out with a bunch of guys, not very feminine). As a rule of thumb, don't assume everyone is straight (Everyone is, until they aren't... if you know what I mean). If you have already come out, make it known you are a lesbian. Straight people usually tend to pass on the name of (possibly) the only lesbian they know upon meeting another lesbian/bi person. Also, if you are old enough, try and find some gay clubs in your area. Best of luck :-)