Hello, I'm a girl, and i've always been rather butch (tomboy-looking, some might say (only, my hair is long)).
I've also always wanted to look more girly/feminine, but I haven't really reached any results.
anything from which kind of clothes to wear, to which kind of make-up would be a huge help.

Thanks :$

A tomboy can be sexy. It is all about the presentation. For makeup, less is better. The natural beauty look is sexier than the circus clown who spackled the paint on. You can go to the mall (the nicer / higher end one in your area) and ask the cosmetics counter for a simple, cute look. You can also google cosmetic company reps in the area. Many of them will give you a free make over so you can learn what looks best on you. It also will be their sales pitch so you may or may not want to buy their products.

Find a trendy hair salon where the stylists are all young. They should have young clients your age. Ask around to find who people use. The stylist should be able to look at your face and suggest good looks for you. Maybe even coloring. They should have a book to show you how it will look when they are done. Make sure it is a style you will be able to duplicate the next day otherwise it will be disappointing.

If you have an older friend or at least a driving one who looks stylish ask them to take you shopping. Let them show you what looks good and how to accent it. You probably could use a lot of what is already in your closet, just in a different way.

Finally, attitude and confidence is key. A dorky confident girl will get more dates than the drop dead girl with no confidence. If you don't feel good about yourself, it shows. Know you are pretty and natural then take it public to get out there. And remember, there is no "one size fits all" book. You just have to figure out what works for you and go with it.

Thanks for such a detailed reply!
I happen to be quite shy, but hopefully it'll work itself out.

my biggest problem, though, is my shoulders. They're quite broad and I look either like a boy, or like I'm wearing shoulderpads. none of which I really like.
Any tips?

That is where your gf will help shopping. Some high end stores will have assistants to pick out good clothes for you. You don't have to buy from them if your just "window shopping". Also look for athletic girls with your shape. If they look stylish then look at how the clothes fit and style. The hair doo will also help to shape your face and shoulder area.

thing is, though. There are no malls or really big shops nearby, so I'll kinda have to find things out myself. And i'm practically clueless.
(also, friends is not something that I have much of, so there aren't really anyone to consult)

OK, then look to the closest strip mall that has a nice line of clothing. They usually have trained people in there who can guide you. Don't worry about being clueless, that is the start of learning what you want. Just be open to ideas people give you. They may suggest something weird, it doesn't mean you have to take it. If you don't like the outfit, it will show in your personality when you wear it.

A simple pony tail may not do the trick, but doing your hair nicely and then pulling it back in a tail might be the trick. This with a cute shirt and shorts could do the trick.

Getting your fingers and toes done also helps girls feel more girly too.

If you don't have anyone to really guide you, then just start expirimenting. Try on different clothes and see what you like more.

Thank you, really. It means a lot to me
I'll try everything you've mentioned! :-)

V-neck shirts and light colors are feminine. It can also balance out your shoulders. Make-up depends on your skin tone and eye color, but if you'd like to go for a natural look (which is most appealing to men), try using the basics: foundation and powder (bare minerals is great if it's in your price range), mascara and eyelash curler, lip gloss and maybe lip liner, possibly an eyebrow pencil depending on your eyebrows, and a light bronzer for above cheekbones (and can also couple it with blush right below on your cheekbones). If your hair is one length, try putting layers in your hair so it gives it a bit of style. Hope this helps.

Also, try online shopping!

oh wow, incredibly useful! thanks :-)

I have this too. The problem is, I don't feel good in too girly clothing and make-up and I'm only 13 yrs old, I am pretty long and pretty rectangular (doesn't help too) and the lack of observation from people (my boyfriend's also got a pretty androgyne look, so they think we're gay or lesbian) drives me crazy.
I don't want to lose my style, but still be a girl. Help?