I was addicted to about 480 miligrams of Oxycotton a day for about 3 years. i finally switched doctors and this doctor put me on suboxone of which i have been on for a year now. I wanted short term treatment but was persuaded to go long term. I really dont have a lot to complain about it actually helps with the pain (degenrative disc disease, spinal nerve damage) and it definatly helps with the opiate addiction. However, My husband, who has been clean for a year as well from Oxycotton, and I just recently found out that we are expecting our second child. My first son was born during my Oxycotton abuse and both my pain dr and my ob told me not to stop taking them due to risk of miscarriage. My son was born 3 week early and placed in NICU. He has since been fine although I will never forgive myself for what I had done. On a more positive note the doctor who prescribed such a ridiculous dosage to me and my husband for so long has been arrested and charged federally for killing someone along the lines of the same deal as my husband and I. My question is after all that rambling: is this child going to be ok? and Ill just confess right now I am a huge ninny and cant handle the withdrawals from suboxen nor would I want my child to suffer from it. I have read that one patient was switched to subutex while she was pregnant and has good things to say as well as her pregnancy going great so far. I dont want to hurt another child and I want to do the best thing. I know I need to speak to my ob of course and have set up a appt but thats 3 weeks from now and I am worried NOW!!! Thank you for any advice you can offer with my situation.

Hi there, I think that you were having a hard time but your child will likely be born addicted if you continue to take it. That's okay though--you honestly shouldn't quit while you are pregnant, at least is my understanding. Can you let us know what your ob says? I would like to confirm that. Thanks!