I am 29 and just found out over Thanksgiving that I am pregnant. I have been on suboxone for about 4 months now and take 1/2 pill a day. I really want off of them not only because I am tired of depending on something to feel normal but also for the new life that is growing inside me. Is there any way to get off these entirely without feeling totally crappy :? I have been trying for months now to get off them myself. The doctor I was seeing was charging an arm and a leg every week and I could not afford it anymore so now I am on my own to get off of them. Will this be extremely hard on me and will it have major effects on the baby while I am still taking them. Please can someone give me some positive advice?????????

You can't go off them during pregnancy. You will suffer at least some withdrawl, and that could cause you to miscarry. The Dr. prescribing the suboxone should switch you to subutex, although you will have to sign a release form saying that you decline the "accepted medical recommendation of methadone" in favor of the less-studied subutex.

Why would you recommend subutex over suboxone? I have never heard this before and would like to know more about it. Thanks!