I have been aware that I have impacted wisdom teeth for a while. (Obviously confirmed by x-ray)  I discussed with several dentists this situation, however, from what they could see (based on tooth location) they all saw a potential risk of nerve damage that may result from surgery that could cause some permanent numbness etc.  Therefore, they suggested (as none of them wanted to touch it) that as long as the pain was not too great that it might be better to just live with it....which has been fine for a few years.  

However, now the pain has spread in one of them (right side) to other areas (which also appears to fit all the symptoms of ear and throat pain etc.) and while the pain situation may be better on some days than others...is now constant.   Are there any alternatives for me in this situation or do I have to risk surgery and possibly replace one lifetime problem for another.  Please advise