My husband & I are tring to conceive. This month I was supposed to start my period (11/21) but on 11/20 I experienced light brown spotting or light pink when I go to the bathroom. I have taken a pregnancy test before 11/20 and the day after but it comes up negative. Am I experiencing my period & it is just very very light? Or am I experiencing implantation bleeding that just so happens to be around the same time as my expected period? And should I keep testing to see if I'm pregnant? Any information would be helpful or similar situations.

Health Advisor
You could test one more time and if it turns negative, I suppose that's it. HPT should test positive on the day or the day after you were suppose to get your period. It would be best if you had a blood test done and have a gyn tell you if you are pregnant or not.

I mean, there is a pattern about the ovulation, implantation bleeding and periods but things don't always work by the pattern.

Implantation bleeding could occur 6 to 12 days after ovulation.

Hi, I am due on my period next Wednesday 15th July, but on Monday I started to get period pains followed by light spotting. The period pains have been constant and it is now Thursday. The spotting has been more in the morning and occasional in the evening but it does stop for periods at a time.

I would love to be pregnant, but I am not sure if this is a pregnancy or early period. I have taken two tests, but I know it is still too early to tell. I am going to do a test on Saturday but even then it may be too early.

I felt like I was having classic pregnancy signs before the bleeding started, constant nausea, swollen boobs (but not painful), prominent veins), but they have subsided a bit. I've started to go to the toilet a lot more too (6 times by 10:00 am yesterday).

Has any experience anything like this? Please let me know. I have searched through so many forums, but still feel I need to ask the question. I know it's a waiting game, but I really don't want to set myself up for a fall!

Hi Londong, of course you know that you will need to actually wait for your pregnancy test before you actually will know for sure but I think that it's possible that you're pregnant just based on your symptoms. They sound like classic symptoms. At this point, I think it's best to wait it out and see where you're at and try to realize that right now you're sort of working yourself up with anxiety. Let me know how the test turns out, okay?