I'm 15 and i have had fordyce's spots for the last 6 months or so. I didn't think anything of them at first, until about a couple of days ago. I noticed that one of them had began to swell up and become red. I am extremely worried, because that's just the sort of person i am. I would like some advice on how to deal with this and is it serious enough to go to the doctor's about or will it heal in a matter of days? Thanks.

They are not serious at all. They usually go away within a couple of days, usually 3-7 days or so. I get them every so often myself. If you go to the doctors they will not be able to give you anything at all. Unless if it is a very serious outbreak (Many at once). They get infected mainly when scratched a lot. The best thing that you can do for them is to not scratch them and just to leave them alone until it goes away.

HI
i am 14, and have the same problem but i have one that has stayed for some time now and is starting to look similar to a wart and dont know if i should apply wort removal on it ???

I think just leave it alone, if it changes colour or hurts, see your doctor. Don't be embarrassed. They see penis' with them every day, I'm sure. I just read that fordyce spots affect 70-80% of the population. Seriously, don't get stressed out. I have them too. I have had them swell up and go red too. It happens every now and then if you scratch them or if you try to pop them. Don't do either. I would say do not apply wort cream on them, either.

hey yea i think i have the same :/ its on the side of my penis and its like a white spot / lump it went red today and hurts to touch and abit of puss came out :-( i really worried are you sure i will go ?:/

I got about three inflamed spots, at least that's what I hope they are, a couple of days ago, and I'm really scared that they won't go away. They all have a small brown patch around them, hopefully those are just ingrown hair. I really hope they're not angiokeratoma of Fordyce. Tried popping one with a needle, bled a bit, but mostly underneath the skin, and now it looks a lot worse, and remind me even more of angiokeratoma. Sorry for the graphic detail, gonna try the toothpaste trick again, although the last experiment didn't bring much good.

Im 15 and I recently found out I have fordyce spots and today I saw what looked like a large pimple near them I touched it and puss came out so I popped it and it just let more puss out but no blood, the size worried be and now there is just a big red bump that is kinda swollen there that is very irritable will it go away? And is it maybe just a large fordyce spot because I know it's like acne with the way that it's just clogged pours from over productive glands.

Do you what this is called as I have the same problem?

I'm 15 also I just popped my inflamed fordyce spot it was white and hard for along time then. The past week or so it got red and hurt if I touched it so I looked it up and some people said pop and others said don't so I popped it and pus came out followed by blood so I will inform you later if anything changes

Hi, I've had fordyce spots for quite some time, they seem to be spreading and growing, and recently one has gotten red and large. and I have many fordyce spots, not just 5 or 10, and if you would happen to know, do fordyce spots stop spreading? and is there something I can do to reduce the spread.

sir what you have is pimples. They don't go away that quick.

Hopefully I can hear from you even though this post was made quite a while back, but about a week ago i noticed a swollen red bump almost like a pimple on my shaft, to give you full details I stayed up about 30 hours that day (Yes I know, very stupid of me) and right when I was going pee before I finally went to bed I noticed my penis was oily. Almost like I had been sweating all day and didn't take a shower. However at that time is when I noticed the swollen red bump about mid way up the left side of my shaft. I did masturbate 2 days before that very roughly if that's any consolation. After seeing it I immediately broke down assuming the worse. I took a hot shower instantly and washed with soap and went to sleep. The next day it wasn't near as swollen but just a little red bump was there. Here I am a week later and that "red bump" is almost completely gone and is hardly noticeable at all anymore. But now tonight, about 4mm away from where it was another red bump similar but not as inflamed is showing up, I had been using a lot of baby powder (perhaps too often and too much) on that whole area for the past week and noticed the fordyce spots I have (normally small and white and not noticeable) seemed to stand out more when the baby powder was introduced. This bump looks pretty much the same as the other it's very hard to tell them being so small in the first place, but this newer red very small inflammation seems to be a inflamed fordyce bump. I'm hoping that's the case and that its nothing more serious. Im too scared and nervous to go to anyone about this because my mind just keeps assuming the worst, and it's taking a huge toll on my mental well being. I just want a happy normal healthy life and to be able to have a family of my own one day I just don't think I'd be able to take it if it were something serious. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Also, there is no pain or itchiness. Forgot to throw that in there lol. I have bad anxiety if that wasn't obvious enough too.

Most likely not fordyce spots possible reaction to baby powder clogging pours try not using baby powder for a while speak to your doctor about it because could just be ingrown hair or something else causing red bump.

M9 u have herpes

Yeah ive had fordyce spots for a while now and ones gotten inflamed. Ive left it alone for a few days now and its starting to go away. Just remember, the worst thing you can do is overthink it.