Hello! I am Mary and I am thirty five. I have noticed few red bumps on my areolas this morning. They are red and enlarged and they are sensitive on touch. There is no discharge coming up but this seems really strange. I have no other symptoms. I have examined by breasts but there are no changes. My sister says it may be some kind of infection of Montgomery glands on my areolas.

Hello! Montgomery glands secrete a substance that lubricates and helps to protect the areolas from infection. As any other glands they can get infected too. The bacteria are usually the cause of infection which is treated by antibiotics. There is also chronic infection of Montgomery glands where the complete excision of the areolas is recommended. This is of course not your situation but the best is to visit your doctor who will most probably prescribe some antibiotics.

I have always observed a small pimple like bump on my nipple but thought is was a defect since it's only on one breast. THis morning I noticed it was red and a bit bigger-this terrified me. I am glad to hear it's normal for women to have this pimples. Thanks for the info. It's great to have a way to share this information.
Barbara

I woke up this morning with a large red montgomery gland. it does not hurt. I thought it was a clogged hair bump, so I squeezed it until it bleed. I am not sure what it is, Have anyone ever had that happen. I woke up and it was just there.

I had the watching happen to me! Did yours go away on it's own our did you end up going to the dr?

I have the exact thing happening to me! Did yours go away on it's own or did you end up going to the dr?