I`m happily married for two years and am trying to become pregnant, but so far with no results. I found it pretty hard. I`m 26 years old and have myotonia congentia. I`m not sure if that could be the problem? Are they any fertility problem related with MC? Would appreciate any kind of information.

Hi, don`t know anything about that, but my sister has had myotonia congentia since she was born, so it`s risky to have a child when you have MC. Myotonia congentia is related with muscle siffness, and my sister has a problem with hands and face, and even legs. Every reaction on her face shuts her eyes and sometimes she can`t open her hands when they stick together. She also can`t walk pretty well. She inherited myotonia congentia from our father, but I haven`t got it. So, it`s a great risk, but seems that you can have a healthy child even with myotonia congentia.

My partner and I would like to start a family and I have MC. I take medication to alleviate the symptoms and I wondered if anyone knows if you can take Mexitil and Quinine Sulphate prior and during pregnancy. From what I've seen on the web, both types of medication can have side effects including damaging a foetus and causing stillbirths and disabilities, including deafness in the child. Also, do you have to have a caesaerian in case of muscle contractions during childbirth? I would really appreciate any feedback you may have. Thanks.

i have myotonic contractions. i dont know which kind since my insurance wont cover the testing (its too expensive).

i am 23 weeks pregnant and i don't think that this should hae anything to impare you from getting pregnant after all it has nothing to do with your reproductive system, its with your sodium chloride channels.

hope this helps

Earthstarr7
Aida