When I looked to mirror this morning I have noticed my lips were so strange. I saw them swollen, crusted, fissured and dry. I don’t know how to appear like this in the world, I look so bad. My mother told me it must be inflammation of the lips. I wonder what should I do now, and what this kind of inflammation means?

Lips don’t have any sweat glands or any oil glands. Saliva is very irritable to human skin, especially for sensitive parts such as lips are. Inflammation of the lips is cheilitis. The most common cause of this kind of inflammation is the habit of licking the lips. When we lick our lips we find some temporary relief, but this soon fades. It happens when water in the saliva evaporates and the concentrated saliva irritates the lips. We lick the lips again and again, and more saliva is deposited on our lips. All this leads to an irritant type of dermatitis. The cure consists of treating the patient with steroids in a special base, such as Kenalog in Orabase. Also we must insist that the patient stop licking her lips. A lip balm should also be applied to the lips long enough to cure inflammation.

am also going through such problem surely, the most sensitive part of the body where people see, since my childhood surely...what exacly can be the solution coz people say its the effect of the sun rays