Hi, I have insomnia for many years now. In other words, I can`t sleep. There are many sleep disturbances, but I think mine is the worst. I have trouble with falling asleep, even when I manage to catch some sleep I often wake up during the night and` of course, I wake up too early, like I`m 60 or something. I want to sleep but seem to me there is nothing I can do?

Insomnia is inability to sleep, but not only that, it can cause you problem during the day, like fatique, depression or irritation. I had a friend with the same problem, but his sleeping schedule returned to normal on its own. It was only a short-term change in his schedule. But, as we found out while reading about insomnia, chronic insomnia is something else. Treatment of such illness includes treating mental health problems, sleeping pills, relaxation therapy, stuff like that. Also, drinking alcohol can make your insomnia worse. There are some methods not so drastic like sleeping pills, like you should avoid caffeine or nicotine at night, go to eat and go to bed in a certain time.