Hi, i'm 16 years old. About 6ft 178 pounds. 80kg .. nearly 13 stone. my weist size is about.. 34 Inch and i really want to tone it up. I do 100 sit ups every 2 nights so effectivly 50 a night, i also do 50 reps a night with 50lbs big weights over the head. Athough i do want arm strength i would really really want to aim for a six pack, or atleast nearly there. I have been doing it about a month but no great change, i have gained 0.5kg which i expected because muscles mass is higher. I was just wondering if anyone knows when i will be physically able to see a six pack..
thankyou

It sounds like you're on your way. However, it going to take a bit of time. After a month, you may show signs of a tighter, stronger stomach, but you won't necessarily have a six-pack. Just be prepared to wait.

Doing sit-ups is good, but be aware of how you're doing them. Are you hurting your back or neck? Even if they don't hurt, you may be straining them. Read this article on how to do it right: physsportsmed.com/issues/1997/06jun/sit_up.htm

Also, sit-ups strengthen the abdominal muscles at the top, but some of the bottom muscles go un-exercised. Try lying down on the ground and pulling your legs up in the air. This is a great way to exercise those muscles.

Anyone who's doing a strength-training regime should monitor what they eat. Of course, eat healthier foods. But also, eat when you're hungry. Don't deprive yourself. This way you can get the amount of calories your body needs. Also, since you're active, drink 20% more than half your body weight in ounces of water a day. Yes, that's a lot. But that way you don't dehydrate yourself, resulting in additional body strain that could cause health problems in the future.

thanks very much for the responce. Yeah i forgot to mention in the first post i have been monitoring my deit. Generaly i have 3 meals a day. First Brekfast around 7.20am this consists of usualy an oat grain cerial. Secondly around 1pm [my school lunch break] my food has changed drasticaly, i now have Lettace, Apple, Oats, Chicken [high in protien right?] and usualy Bread with ham/cheese ect in, and then at about 5.20 i have usualy a home cooked meal, quite often types of Pasta, and ofcourse the health stuff ha. I will be more cautious with my water ammount i drink!

*Edit on first post* I now lift 35 - 40 reps with 70lbs and i do Dumbells 20lbs on each arm and i do 100 reps with each arm. I do 100 sit-ups every 2 days, and 40 running on 2 seperate days, i think i havn't been notcing much great improvement, so i thought i might see if i can handle this load for a few weeks. I want to atleast lose some stomach fat and gain some muslce within 1 year - 1 year and a half.

Again thankyou very much for the responce!